Postcodes Centroids from Code Point Open data
There is a site to display the UK postcode centroids as an overlay. You can see a web page with the overlay on it at http://codepoint.raggedred.net. You can use this in the Potlatch 2 or JOSM see below. The overlay could be used to help identify the postcode of an object such as a building. Please do not add the centroids themselves to the map. Blog info here: Open Maps
The overlay uses data from the OS OpenData first released April 2010. The overlay was last updated with data released in November 2011.
To add a layer into the Imagery plugin in JOSM:
- Open the preferences for the imagery layer
- Click add
- Type a menu name, such as Codepoint
- in the WMS URL type
tms:http://www.raggedred.net/tiles/codepoint(notice the tms: prefix and no ending '/')
- Save the settings and the layer should appear in the imagery menu.
To use the postcode layer as a background in potlatch 2:
- Click on the background menu and click edit
- Click add
- Enter the name such as Codepoint
- Enter the URL
- Select the new background
The data for England Scotland and Wales has been loaded, Northern Ireland's data has not been released.