User:DSMap/Tokyo Train Lines
Tokyo Metro and Toei.
For more information about this subway type see Japanese Wikipedia.
In works of Takahiro Yamaguchi, spokeman of Tokyo Metro: "Tokyo’s ludicrously complex metro map gives a fairly good impression of the network’s density. Separately owned regional lines mesh together with inner city subways [in a reciprocal through-service operation], meaning that suburban-bound commuter trains continue directly onto subway routes." Source: Railway Tecnhology (2018)
For map of reciprocal though services in Tokyo metropolitan see this article and history map. Also, there are more details about this network in Takumick's blog (in japanese). It should be noted that an additional cost is increased for the use of commuter trains (with some exceptions).
Keywords: 直通運転 (direct operation), 相互乗り入れ (mutual service, writed in kanji), "直通運転中止" (direct operation suspended).
These lines are also subways services operated by third companies.
- Toyo Rapid Line (Wikipedia, operated by 東葉高速鉄道) . Underground rapid line to Chiba. Ref: TR Network: 東葉高速線 Location: Chiba (Source: Tokyo Metro, in japanese)
- Saitama Rapid Railway (Wikipedia, operated by Saitama Railway Corporation) . Underground rapid and central line to Saitama Stadium. Ref: SR Network: 埼玉高速鉄道線 Location: Saitama
Commuter train lines
- See Japanese Wikipedia article and Map of Trough lines in Tokyo Metropolitan
- Tokyo Metro and other lines trains (see PDF file, extended map and relations)
Inside Tokyo rapid transit
Light rail and monorail
- Yurikamome (Wikipedia) Like Rinaki line, company that also makes competition, takes passengers through Tokyo Bay. But it differs for being light rail and it is a bit more expensive to get an entrance to use one of its trains. Ref: U. Network: ゆりかもめ東京臨海新交通臨海線 (finished)
- Nippori-Toneri Liner (Wikipedia, operated by Toei). Popular light rail for some neighborhoods at north of Tokyo (similar to Yokohama Municipal). Ref: NT. Network: 日暮里・舎人ライナー Location: Tokyo (finished)
- Tokyo Monorail (Wikipedia). Transit to south of Tokyo, including Haneda airport. Very useful to transport tourists to the city, because they include passes to go to the hotel, parks and horse races with other subway lines (Aiport limited line, for example). Ref: MO. Network: 東京モノレール Location: Tokyo (finished)
See Japanese Wikipedia.
Light rail (tramway)
- Toden Arakawa Line (Wikipedia, operated by Toei) Tram to take some locations north of Tokyo. It has functions similar to Light rail. Ref: SA Network: 都電荒川線 (this network is different from Toei subway) Location: Tokyo
- Yamanote line. JR.
Extra: Outside Tokyo
These lines are operated by external companies and are not considered within the metropolitan network. In adition, some lines are tag as high speed railway.
Light rail and monorail
- Chiba Urban Monorial (lines 1 and 2). Network: 千葉都市モノレー Location: Chiba (finished)
- Enoshima Electric Railway (Wikipedia). "Seaside" light rail line located south of Tokyo. Network: 江ノ島電鉄 Location: Kanagawa
- Shonan Monorail (Wikipedia). It allows to connect between the south of Tokyo and Odyaku commuter railway, through a monorial. Network: 湘南モノレール Location: Kanagawa
- Kanazawa Seaside (Wikipedia). Seaside Yokohama light rail. This intersects with the Keikyu Main Line. Ref: SL Network: 横浜シーサイドライン Location: Kanagawa
- Tama Toshi Monorail Line (Wikipedia). Recent monorial from Western Tokyo. This intersects with the Odakyu Tama Line. Ref: TT Network: 多摩都市モノレール線 Location: Tama
- New Shuttle (Wikipedia). People Mover from Ina city. This intersects with JR railway lines. Ref: NS Network: ニューシャトル Location: Saitama
Commuter rail networks
These networks are in Kantō region. Personally I would call it, "Kanto Commuter Trains - [name of network]" or "Kanto Suburban Trains - [name of network]":
- Keisei. See Wikipedia and network relation. 9 master routes. Network: 京成
- Tokyu. See Wikipedia and relation. Master routes: 6 train + 1 tram. Network: 東急電鉄
- Keikyu. See Wikipedia and network relation. 1 master route. Network: 京急電鉄
- Odakyu. See Wikipedia and network relation. 3 master routes. Network: 小田急電鉄
- Sōtetsu. See Wikipedia and network relation. 1 master route. Network: 相鉄
- Tsukuba Express. See Wikipedia and network relation. 1 master route. Network: つくばエクスプレス
The next network is the most extensive and important to connect other cities. I leave it for the last once the other new network relations are ready. Any questions you can let me know.
- Tokyo Suburban Area by JR East. See Japanese Wikipedia and network relation. 5 master routes (for now). Network: 東京近郊区間