I live in Mol. In fact I live just on the border line between Mol and Geel. Hence my focus is on Mol and Geel in the first place, but I'm also familiar with many other areas in the flemish Campine region.
Occasionally I may make minor edits in some areas of Antwerp as I have been working there (and still do) for over 30 years and I'm familiar with many areas in and around Antwerp.
I started mapping in May 2012. Meanwhile I got the hang of editing with JOSM and I'm familiar with most of the tags used in OSM.
Recently I discovered the power of mapcss for JOSM and I'm now toying with it to create views in JOSM which provide the information I'm looking for. I even create my own icons as JOSM doesn't render all the stuff which is defined in OSM.
Quality control on house shapes, addresses and street names in the greater Mol area.
I compare the current tags with data from AGIV and make corrections where necessary. In principle the AGIV data are OK, but sometimes they look fishy or house numbers are also missing in AGIV and then I go out to look at the real situation. When all the houses are numbered I collect them in a Relation:street. In the past I worked only with Relation:associatedStreet, but Relation:street is a bit more flexible for adding OSM objects.
I register the status of my edits in a table on Streets 2400 Mol. If anyone wants to join, please do. Instructions are on the top of the page.
Are you also living in Mol and a regular editor in OSM? Take a few seconds to register yourself as user in Mol.
Living somewhere else but you want to join the team? Start from Users in Belgium and work your way down the tree.
- User:Gilbert54/MySandBox: links to Wiki pages on which I'm working or just trying out Wiki stuff
- User:Gilbert54/OSM: info and links to interesting OSM pages and tools
- User:Gilbert54/JOSM: info and links to everything related to the JOSM editor
- User:Gilbert54/NL:How to map a my own repository for "How to map a ..."
- User:Gilbert54/Trash: links to my obsolete user pages, pending final deletion from the Wiki