I coordinate GIS-Lab.info, community of GIS/RS specialists, my focus is on open geodata and software in Russia.
In regard of OSM I see my role in bridging the gap between GIS and OSM community, for example by bringing data from OSM to GIS and people from GIS to OSM.
About myself: m-d.me
My history with OSM (only major things)
- I started in April 2008
- My first big undertaking happened in August 2008. It was the import of PGS shoreline from Norway up to Taimyr with lots of manual work (more on forum)
- Quickly realizing importance of OSM I ran a round table (turned out to be more like a workshop) on GIS-Forum in Samara in July 2009, where AkMeR was invited for probably first speech on OSM in GIS community in Russia (more on GIS-Lab Blog).
- Immediately after that also in July, 2009, we threw a first mapping party in Moscow (more on GIS-Lab Blog) (http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=3283 more on forum)
- To continue together with AkMeR and vvovv we ran another seminar on OSM and started a discussion on open geodata in general at WEB&GIS conference in December, 2009
- Daily OSM extracts in OSM XML and PBF for Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan: http://gis-lab.info/projects/osm_dump (continued by Alexander Dezhin)
- Daily OSM extracts in ESRI shape for Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan: http://gis-lab.info/qa/osmshp.html (continued by Alexander Dezhin)
- Regular GNS extracts and converted products for former USSR countries (since 04-09-2009): http://gis-lab.info/qa/gns.html
- Translated and validated populated areas VMap0 database: http://gis-lab.info/projects/vmap0-trans/index.html
- VMAP0 in shape-format (global): http://gis-lab.info/qa/vmap0.html
- VMAP1 in shape-format (global): http://gis-lab.info/qa/vmap1.html
Articles in Russian
- Start working with OpenStreetMap: http://gis-lab.info/qa/osm-begin.html
- Prepare JOSM and GPSBabel for work with OpenStreetMap: http://gis-lab.info/qa/osm-prepare.html
- Basics of using JOSM: http://gis-lab.info/qa/josm-start.html
- Examples of topological errors and how to fix them: http://gis-lab.info/qa/osm-topoerrors-examples.html
OSM Page: