I am mostly working here in OSM for my place of birth Reken. I live in Haan and that is my second place for mapping.
I work on "Strassenlisten" @ regio-osm.de. This contains
- collecting official list
- try to reduce errors in list
My OSM Motivation
I startet with my "GEO" hobby with geocaching and my family. As maps for my garmin seemed to be to expensive for me, i found the free of charge solution OpenStreetMap.
Now i am working at OSM to pay for my map usage :). I am working on OSM to have fun, too.
Actual OSM Work
- Housenumbers, Housenumbers, Housenumbers
In Reken the new NRW Altas (GEO Data from the public authorities) offers so much higher quality and information, that there is much to do.
- GeoFabrik Self intersection
Fixing self intersections is good fun from time to time
- Keep Right
Keep the areas of mapping right.
In the last (2015) i have mainly taken actions for OSMBC (WeeklyOSM#OSMBC) (https://github.com/TheFive/osmbc).
what i did at OSM (uncomplete)
- Moving an Tutorial for beginners from PDF to Wiki (german).
OpenStreetMap-Tutorial für Anfänger
- Fixing self intersection error on http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi.
- Startet writing Docu in Fixing fixing OSMI self intersection
- undelete plugin
- mirrored download
A good editor for iPHone, even without any updates
My Tools for OSM Map Usage
- Basecamp (MAC)
- Forevermap (iPhone) (von Skobbler)
- Navi (iPhone) auch von Skobbler
Ex OSMF Member Member as anonymous membership is no longer possible.