Hello, I'm Wankmann.
I map the area of Schnaittachtal (Gemeinde Neunkirchen am Sand, Markt Schnaittach, Gemeinde Simmelsdorf / Bavaria / Germany). I started maping for OSM in 2009. I am a marathon runner and know my area extrem well due to training runs several times a week.
I finished my 24. Marathon in 2011. I combine OSM mapping and running as much as possible. I am focused on tagging hiking routes and working on maps for fire departments.
I am looking forward:
- get better using JOSM.
- Well, I am good with JOSM by now, but I need to work with more Plugins.
- share OSM information with intersted people
- map all tracks in Schnaittach and Neunkirchen am Sand by the end of 2010
- maybe need more time here, but there aren't many left to map.
- make the best possible map for the village of Rollhofen
- It will never be finished, but I am getting closer
- tag all hiking routes in Schnaittachtal
- Neunkirchen am Sand, Simmelsdorf and Schnaittach are done by Sep. 2010
- update any changes to the marked routes.
- make a fire hydrant map for the local fire department in Rollhofen using only OSM.
- I discovered the new OpenFireMap in late Nov 2010. Three days later it was done for my home village.
- Let's try to make OpenFireMap better and tell more people to map the hydrants.
- I own the Domain openfiremap.org
- Help making a better OpenFireMap.
- The BING data allows me to work on building and addresses. This is a several month project for my area. I am on it, but would very much like some help.
- I added all buildings in my home town. It took me four week to add them. I think I got 97% of the buildings correct. If anybody notice something not right, please let me know, or jus fix it please.
- ODBL clean Schnaittachtal
- Using the OSM Inspector I have worked on ODBL safe data for my area.
- Checking all my hiking routes realations if they are ODBL safe.