WikiProject Lithuania/Import Public Document
This is short description of public document import process.
- QGIS for loading vector files and changing projection
- GRASS for converting from shapefile to GPX
- Merkaartor for conversion from GPX to GPX (some bug: cannot convert to osm format or load directly)
- JOSM for loading GPX, converting into data, resolving conflicts, adding tags
- Load, merge and reproject shapefiles
- Load shapefiles with grass and export to GPX format
v.generalize input=test output=test_generalized method=douglas_reduction threshold=0 reduction=50 -c v.out.ogr --verbose input=test_generalized@PERMANENT type=line dsn=test.gpx format=GPX
- Load GPX with Merkaartor and export to GPX (without this conversion you will get only points without vectors)
- Load GPX file with JOSM and convert into data layer
- Add tags (very important is source=public_document), check validity and resolve conflicts
There is dedicated user for imports in Lithuania - importLT. If you need password for this user ask for User:ieskok. This import was small(~22000 features) and was done using JSON, changeset # (achavi, OSMLab).