|It has been proposed that this page or section be merged with Disabilities. (Discuss)|
OpenStreetMap aims to be the best world map for people with disabilities - by keeping track of important tags like wheelchair accessibility with Wheelmap, and by creating accessible versions of the map. It's important that OpenStreetMap's data is open in full because it makes these things possible - to process a world map into a direction finder for the blind, or a map of only wheelchair-accessible places.
Main article: OSM for the blind
- LoroDux Pedestrian Navigation for the blind (+ OSM editor integration planned)
- HaptoRender Tactile Maps
- Loadstone OpenStreetMap POI transfer to navigation tool for the blind
- OSM VIwGoA Open Street Maps for Visually Impaired with GPS on Android
- Look and Listen Map Online routing service
Walking impairment / Wheelchair drivers / Stroller
- OpenRouteService Wheelchair Online Routing
- Accessible Play Location of play equipment for disabled children
- Libero Accesso...Accesso Libera Tutti! Mapping the accessibility for persons with reduced mobility in Castelfiorentino (Tuscany) ITALY
- Augsburg/Datenspende Stadtplan für barrierefreie Mobilität data for wheelchair drivers and less disabled persons about accessbility of footways and buildings/amenities in Augsburg, Germany
- Visual map with icons for objects of special interest to deaf persons (Project does not exist yet)
- Tags for deaf persons or persons with hearing impairment: See category:Hearing Impairment
- (Add your project here)
How can I help?
- Identify objects of special interest in your surrounding and map them if tags exist. If there are no tags documented, ask for them here.
- Help in one of the listed projects.
- Tell your disabled friends about OSM and ask them to tell their needs here.
- Organize micro mapping parties that collect very accurate data.
- Translate this page to other languages.
You can find a lot of tags concerning accessibility in these categories:
See this page in other languages for local language mailing lists.