|The Feature Page for this approved proposal is located at Tag:amenity=pharmacy.|
Can also use...
- dispensing=yes - A pharmacy with a dispensing pharmacist able to sell prescription drugs as well as over the counter drugs
- dispensing=no - A pharmacy with no dispensing pharmacist only selling over the counter drugs
I suggest a green cross (this is the symbol used on the shops themselves by some European countries)
-- User:David.earl October 14, 2006
This could end up with a whole load of shop types as amenity=<something>. I think it would be better to have a separate category for shops. shop=bakery, butcher etc. Then shops can be rendered with a generic icon and the system doesn't have to know about every kind of shop.
-- User:David.earl October 20, 2006
I agree with the need for the pharmacy feature, and actually go even further by having an additional key and two icons namely
<tag k="amenity" v="pharmacy"/> <tag k="dispensing" v="<yes|no"/>
If no 'dispensing' key is specified then the icon should default to the 'no' option.
<tag k="amenity" v="pharmacy"/> <tag k="dispensing" v="yes"/>
A pharmacy with a dispensing pharmacisit able to sell prescription drugs as well as over the counter drugs
<tag k="amenity" v="pharmacy"/> <tag k="dispensing" v="no"/>
or no 'dispensing' key
<tag k="amenity" v="pharmacy"/>
A pharmacy with no dispensing pharmacisit only selling over the counter drugs
Whilst travelling the globe pharmasists have often been my first line of healthcare, but are of little use when they have no dispensing pharmasist.
-- User:Batchoy 18 November 2006
- I'll vote against this, see why :  --Bartv 08:04, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
- I'll vote positive for the amenity=Pharmacy proposal: I do strongly like the idea of having all this important information in our OSM-Database. I see that this is for one thing a very valuable informations to navigate, since these amenities are mostly easy to spot and recognize. So they definitely improve the quality of our map even for non CAR-Nav users. And As CAR-Nav user I really want to have all this Information in the Base Data to have it by hand in case I need to find my way to one of these locations. Tweety 11:18, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. MikeCollinson 03:34, 1 December 2006 (UTC) While I understand Bartv's philosophical position, which I'd summarise as OpenStreetMap is about streets not Points Of Interest - I don't really see any practical reason why large numbers of points of interest should not be included in a database and are helpful to different target user populations - tourists for instance - to find things they need. I'll generally be voting FOR proposals like this.
- I approve this proposal, but think the green should be changed as it has been in the other medical proposal. You are free 'not' to use this tag if you want...Ben. 18:27 18th Decemeber 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --EdoM (Parliamone) 11:29, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --KristianThy 13:30, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Batchoy 13:56, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --dh1uz 11:02, 03 May 2007 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Nako 17:15, 4 September 2007 (BST)