The GPS traces link, highlighted. It may be hidden behind a "More ▼" or a "☰" drop-down menu button if you use a small window width.
- (optional) Convert your GPS trace to the GPX file format if your GPS device does not supply this format natively.
- Only GPS traces in the GPX file format can be uploaded to OpenStreetMap.
- Files can easily be converted to this format using tools – see the convert GPS tracks.
- Select the "GPS traces" from the top main menu.
- Select "See your traces", or "upload a trace" directly
- If you are not already logged-in to the main OSM website, you will be asked to log in. If you don't have an account for the site, create an account first.
- (optional) Use the "Browse" button to select the GPX file on your local computer.
- (optional) Enter a Description and Tags of GPS trace. Help others understand how trace was recorded, there significant difference between car/hiking and bicycle traces.
- (optional) Select the privacy option visibility of GPS traces.
- If you do not want your GPS trace to be seen by anybody else, stop here and do not upload.
- Click Upload. The file will be uploaded to the OSM server, where it will join the queue of files ("PENDING" next to it) to be inserted into the database.