From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|Indicates the type of the parking facility|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
- surface - One level of parking on the ground.
- multi-storey - Two or more levels of parking decks in a building structure.
- underground - Underground parking.
- rooftop - One level of a parking deck on top of the building.
- sheds - Private hangars for vehicles, located close to owner's home. Usually constructed of profiled metal.
- carports - Structure used to offer limited protection to vehicles, primarily cars, from the elements ( on Wikipedia).
- garage_boxes - One level buildings with individual boxes for one car, each, usually made of brick and metal. Usually, this area belong to garage cooperative with own name, chairman, budget, rules, security, etc.
There is some usage of the tag parking=lane, but no definition of what this tag means exactly.
- Proposed features/Additional parking types for amenity=parking - approved proposal for values sheds, carports, garage_boxes.