|leisure = playground|
|A place with play equipment for children.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Marks a children's playground. These are outdoor areas with children's play equipment such as swings, climbing frames and roundabouts. They are often part of a larger park, but are also found in residential areas.
How to Map
Draw an area along the outline of the area. If you are in a hurry or not able to map the area, add a node at the centre of the area. Tag the node or area with leisure=playground.
Also useful is a more specific list of playground equipment. More details and information about this tag is available at playground=*.
- tourism=picnic_site - on a node, refers to a picnic bench. Note there is some debate at the moment as to whether one should use leisure=picnic_table instead - see Tag:leisure=picnic_table
- barrier=fence for the perimeter
- barrier=wall for the perimeter
- barrier=gate for a node on the perimeter
- surface=* - grass, sand, rubbercrumb, woodchips etc
- baby=yes/no if the equipment is primarily designed for babies
- wheelchair=yes/no/limited if the equipment can be used by wheelchair users
- sitting_disability=yes/no/limited if the equipment can be used by those who cannot sit
- name=* - of the equipment, not the play area.
- min_age=* Minimum age of the user in years
- max_age=* Maximum age of the user in years
- centralkey=* Where a key is required to access the equipment
- operator=* - eg, the name of the local council or school
- wheelchair=* could also be used on the playground perimeter to show whether a wheelchair user could get into it; it shouldn't be taken to imply that the wheelchair user could use anything in the playground.
- access=private for playgrounds unavailable to public