|leisure = fitness_station|
|An outdoor facility where people can practise typical fitness excercises|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A fitness station is an outdoor facility, a single or a collection of exercise material. This is typically operated by a local government, and free to use for everyone. Often inside a fitness route or a park.
This tag has never gone through any voting process, it's merely a documentation of use.
How to map
Place an in the centre of the facility with the tag, or draw an area around the surface, and place the tag leisure=fitness_station on it.
- sport=exercise or sport=fitness recommended (both are used about equally)
- name=* a name for the fitness station
- ref=* a reference number of the fitness station
- description=* additional description
- opening_hours=* Sometimes, the fitness station might not be open 24/7
- Relation:route: definition of route relations
- route=fitness_trail: mapping routes with fitness stations
- Proposed features/exercise point
- leisure=playground: Use for recreation spaces
Link to old draft proposal http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/exercise_point