|Proposal status:||Abandoned (inactive)|
|Definition:||Exercise point is outdoor place to exercise (like gym)|
|Rendered as:||Icon with person doing situps|
An exercise point is an outdoor place where athletic can do chin-ups, sit-ups and other strength training exercises.
These are typically located next to running routes. Example of exercise point
Some parks have these grouped together. Many in the UK have a course of these, with a different kind of point at intervals along a footpath around the park.
Knowing where these are located is useful in planning running (cycling, skiing, ...) routes and training program.
How to Map
The new value may be used with the sport tag with nodes or areas. The proposed tag is: <tag k="amenity" v="exercise_point />
Example & Description
Alternate Name Suggestions?
- playground=exercise to fit in with similar things.
- name=* What it's called to distinguish the points, sometimes on a display board.
- ref=* Might have a number in a course of points.
- description=* Could provide instructions, useful as the board often gets worn out or damaged.
- level:beginner=2 lengths, level:expert=5 chinups. If given.
- LastGrape/Gregory 14:46, 6 August 2010 (BST)
Please use the Talk:Proposed_features/exercise_point for discussion.