My name is Gregory, I mainly contribute under the name LivingWithDragons. I'm a proud member of the OSMF, and part of the State of the Map Organising Committee since the 2013 conference in Birmingham. I'm on the board of directors for OpenStreetMap UK (a local chapter of OSMF).
Take a look at Living with Dragons and my project to map Durham.
Watch my YouTube videos at OSM Diaries, which is a relaxed commentary/discussion more than it is tutorials.
Pages I like to find
Where I've mapped and events I've been to
- Southampton mapping party.
- Mapping round Sunbury and Hampton
- During the Richmond/Kew Mapping Weekend, I did some of Twickenham and hope to slowly fill the gap between there and Hampton.
- I spent a few days in round Bude, all uploaded now.
- ShoHo Mapping Party on the Saturday
- Mapping a lot of Durham.
- Of course I went to Durham mapping party and organised it.
- Spent a week mapping Portheleven, Cornwall and bits of Falmouth while on holiday. Even mapped, Lizard Point, the most Southern point of the UK.
- Attended State Of The Map 2008, Ireland. And even did some mapping.
- Did some mapping on Sunday afternoon of Farnham Micro Mapping Party 2008, but never met anyone.
- Still mapping Durham.
- Attended (and mapped POIs) some London/Winter 2008-9 Random Pub Meetup
- Helped with the Sunderland/Mapping Party
- Lived in Vancouver, Canada for 9 months and did some mapping.
- Attended some London Summer Mapping Meetups
- Attended SOTM10 in Girona, Spain.
- Mapping house numbers, buildings, and full detail in Durham.
- Attended Where Camp UK in Nottingham, 19th-20th November 2010.
- Attended, and presented a paper at State Of The Map Europe 2011 in Vienna, Austria.
- Attended [[SotM11] in Denver, USA.
- Did some mapping of Burrel, Albania in July 2012.
- Attended SotM12 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Attended State Of The Map Scotland 2012 in Edinburgh.
- TODO: update this with the last few years!
- Following the UK Mapping Priorities page, I could make a day trip from Durham to Middlesborough, Darlington and South Shields(the last is more tricky with a bicycle).
- Have plans, hopes, dreams, to map Cornwall and that could include Truro.
- Durham as the first city to have complete house numbers/buildings mapped? Durham is defined as 186.68 square kilometres in 2007 on wikipedia, which could equate to Kimblesworth, West Rainton, Pittington, Bowburn, Parkhill, Croxdale, Hett, Brancepeth, Waterhouses, Esh Winning, Esh, Langley Park, Whitton Gilbert, Sacriston, and everywhere within.
Dated parts from my user page/history that I'm too sentimental to delete (may be good for reference)
New Statesman articles
In the early days of OpenStreetMap, I wrote some articles for the New Statesman. They keep changing the URLs for these.
- The joys of geocaching 24th April 2007
- Mapping for the people 25th May 2007
- Bad news for burglars 22nd June 2007
- Living with Dragons 14th April 2008
OSMF Board Elections
I like to map university buildings with lots of tags, and hope to do something with this.
- I should also get involved with map rendering/coding generally, if only there was time!