State of the Map 2018
Thanks for coming!
Thank you to our Italian hosts and the rest of the SOTM organising committee.
Most presentations and some lightning talks were recorded. Breakout sessions also took place outside of the pre-arranged program (not recorded).
- Program (also a printed guidebook (PDF))
- Videos on YouTube.
- Photos on flickr
- Photos on Wikimedia Commons
- Public list of 408 attendees (as at 2018-07-26)
- Android app including program, maps, and useful tips
- The official hashtag was ; #sotm2018 was also used
- Official sotm2018 group on Telegram messenger (download Telegram)
Please add links here, to your blog posts or notes that report on the conference.
Posts by SotM 2018 scholars: Please note that scholars are required to share something about their time at State of the Map, if they want to apply for future SotM international scholarships (with the exception of SotM 2019 scholarships, for which they cannot apply). If what is shared is a post, its content, language and length is up to each scholar.
- SotM Milano – a summary - by Christoph Hormann (also in German, see below)
- A transcript of the SotM 2018 podcast - by Russian SotM participants (also in Russian, see below)
- What we learned about open geospatial data - by the Open Data Institute
- Highlights from the OSM conference - by Klokan Technologies
- Sunday social event - by SotM 2018 Organising Committee (pre-conference)
- Thanks to the SotM organisers
- My great experience at SotM 2018 - by Marco Minghini (local organising team of SotM 2018)
- Report from State of the Map 2018 - by Florian Zenoni (Altran Belgium)
in general - by SotM 2018 scholars
- Attending the State of the Map 2018 - by Laura Mugeha
- My road trip to Milan - by Montseng Moeti
- Sharing from my first State of the Map – SotM 2018 - by Natalia Arruda
- My experiences from State of the Map 2018, Milan, Italy - by Geoffrey Katerrega
- Memories from milan: state of the map 2018 - by Kshitiz Khanal
- The charm of SotM - by Austin Zhu
- State of the Map 2018 - by Cidália Costa Fonte
on particular sessions or topics
- My (very incomplete) summary of the "OpenStreetMap chapters and OSM Foundation meet up" at SotM 2018 in Milano - by Raphael Das Gupta (das-g)
- On Vector Tiles (Birds of a Feather session) - by Richard Fairhurst
- Bring together efforts for the promotion of public transport data standards, for a sustainable development (also in Spanish, see below) - by Céline Jacquin (SotM 2018 scholar)
- How Facebook, Apple and Microsoft are contributing to an openly licensed map of the world - by the Open Data Institute
- Continuity of the work on gender diversity in OSM by Geochicas - SOTM Milan 2018 (also in Spanish, see below) - by Céline Jacquin (SotM 2018 scholar)
- Inclusivity at State of Map 2018 - by Arnalie Vicario (SotM 2018 scholar)
- State of the Map 2018: reflections on inclusivity - by Rebecca Firth (SotM 2018 scholar)
- State of the Map 2018 in Milan - by Sebastian Meier (SotM 2018 scholar)
- day 1: http://www.nobohan.be/2018/07/28/sotm-2018/ - by juminet
- day 2: http://www.nobohan.be/2018/07/29/sotm-jour-2/ - by juminet
- day 3: http://www.nobohan.be/2018/07/30/sotm-jour-3/ - by juminet
- Un article d'OSM France sur le State Of The Map 2018
- SotM Mailand – eine Zusammenfassung - von Christoph Hormann
- Der Weg zur SotM 2018 - von Christine Karch
- Pengalamanku di State of the Map 2018 – Milan, Italia - by Wulansari Khairunisa (SotM 2018 scholar)
- Текст подкаста со State of the Map 2018 (Послушать подкаст (файл mp3))
- State of the Map 2018 - by Ilya Zverev
- Reunir esfuerzos para la promoción de estándares de datos de transporte público, para el beneficio del desarrollo sustentable - by Céline Jacquin (SotM 2018 scholar)
- Continuidad del trabajo sobre diversidad de género en OSM por Geochicas - SOTM Milán 2018 - by Céline Jacquin (SotM 2018 scholar)
- Compartiendo un poco sobre mi primer State of the Map – SotM 2018 - by Natalia Arruda (SotM 2018 scholar)
The 2018 award ceremony took place on 30th of July at the State of the Map 2018 conference. The winners were:
- The Core Systems Award went to Sarah Hoffmann
- The Innovation Award went to Wikimedia Foundation Collaboration Team
- The Influential Writing Award went to Christoph Hormann
- The Greatness in Mapping Award went to Tshedy
- The Expanding the Community Award went to Christine Karch
- The Improving the Latin America Award went to Natalia da Silveira Arruda
- The Improving the Africa Award went to Crowd2Map Tanzania
- The Improving the Asia Award went to State of the Map Asia 2017 organizing team
- The Ulf Möller Memorial Award went to Richard Fairhurst
We want to thank our conference sponsors for their support!
Gold: Microsoft/Bing, Facebook, Mapbox
Silver: Telenav, Immobiliare.it
Bronze: Garmin, Kaart, Mapillary, Maps.me, OsmAnd
Would your company be interested in supporting the next State of the Map conference in this way? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for information.