Crowd2Map Tanzania is a mapping project set up to improve the maps of rural Tanzania to fight female genital mutilation (FGM) and improve development of the region. The project was founded in October 2015 at the Mozilla Festival (London) by Janet Chapman (Tanzania Development Trust) and Egle Marija Ramanauskaite (Human Computation Institute). Egle is now focusing on the EyesOnALZ project, but new members and more than 5600 volunteers are now supporting the Crowd2Map Tanzania project.
Getting in touch
- Website: crowd2map.wordpress.com
The project is founded as a partnership betwen:
- Tanzania Development Trust from London, United Kingdom,
- Human Computation Institute, an online international research center,
- Missing Maps,
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT),
- Technarium from Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Janet Chapman (JanetChapman on osm), Tanzania Development Trust, in London, United Kingdom
- , Volunteer GIS Data scientist, in London, United Kingdom
- 2–4 March 2018 — Mwanza Open Data and Mapping Conference, in Mwanza.
- 8–10 December 2017 — State of the Map Tanzania 2017, in Dar es Salaam.
- 13 August 2017 — Crowd2Map mapathon to celebrate the 13th birthday of OSM.
- 7 May 2016 — OSM triple mapping party, in Dar es Salaam, London, and Vilnius.