Crowd2Map Tanzania is a mapping project set up to improve the maps of rural Tanzania to fight female genital mutilation (FGM) and improve development of the region. The project was founded in November 2015 at the Mozilla Festival (London) by Janet Chapman (Tanzania Development Trust) and Egle Marija Ramanauskaite (Human Computation Institute).
Getting in touch
- Website: crowd2map.wordpress.com
The project is founded as a partnership betwen:
- Tanzania Development Trust from London, United Kingdom,
- Human Computation Institute, an online international research center,
- Technarium from Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Janet Chapman (JanetChapman on osm), Tanzania Development Trust, in London, United Kingdom
- Egle Marija Ramanauskaite, Human Computation Institute, in Vilnius, Lithuania
- 8-10 December 2017 – State of the Map Tanzania 2017, in Dar es Salaam.
- 13 August 2017 – Hopefully the biggest mapathon to celebrate the 13th birthday of OSM.
- 7 May 2016 – OSM triple mapping party, in Dar es Salaam, London, and Vilnius.