Places to find information about OpenStreetMap's database...
|Stats||The main statistics page, showing number of users, amount of data, etc.|
|Data stats||Normally automatically updated every day, and show the number of ways, nodes, relations, etc. in the database. That page also shows the leaderboards for people uploading data. There are also other statistics at QA. There is a historical dump of this full data going back to 2007 and some basic data going back to 2005 here|
|Server stats||Showing the disk, memory, I/O, bandwidth stats of each of the OpenStreetMap servers|
|Wiki stats||showing the access statistics etc for the wiki pages. Please note: Stats distorted from 12/Oct/2007 due to Proxy-Cache running in front of webserver. See also Special:Statistics|
Permanent shortURL: http://j.mp/OSM-stats
OpenStreetMap Statistics Available
database stats, performs analysis on the database that makes OpenStreetMap work and can tell you things like how many points people have uploaded. There are also some munin graphs showing the system performance trends.
Put your request on the talk page
Database Statistics - Graphical
Users and GPX uploads
Users (log scale)
Node, way and relation creation
On the following two graphs the statistics count was changed on 2007-08-01. Previous to this date the count includes deleted objects, after this date the count only contains visible objects. This accounts for the drop in numbers at that time.
Users editing nodes or uploading GPX nodes
Nodes and ways added each day
Highly active users
Node edits per contributor per day
First time editors per week
Road network completeness graph, showing how many of Denmark's address nodes (full coverage from import) have a highway with a matching name within that number of metres. Live stats and per-postcode stats can be found here.
Links to more OSM Database Stats
- Density Maps and Mapping Speed for a few selected countries
- Editor usage stats generated from changeset information since API 0.6.
- Editing frequency generated from changeset information since API 0.6 and synthesized changesets since 0.5.
- Italian stats on length of ways etc.
- tutorial on how to measure highway length per country
Have a look at taginfo.openstreetmap.org for up to date worldwide statistics on tag usage.
Contribution percentage by user
Tile usage stats
Third party stats
Some external organisations reviewing/comparing OSM data stats:
- OSMatrix for heatmaps of different OSM quality indices
- 'Geo-Analytics on OpenStreetMap Road Data' from Beyonav 2011
- Walking Papers has some stats on the usage 
- Taginfo analyzes OSM tag usage
- OSMStats shows statistics about OSM users and elements in the database
- OSMBugs stats new found bugs in the OpenStreetBugs database
- Germany 2007-2011 Pascal Neis paper analysed in detail
- How did you contribute Stats by Pascal Neis about every individual mapper.
- Stats about added OpenStreetMap Notes - Stats by Pacsal Neis about the Notes feature