|man_made = cross|
|Cross with little historical or religion value, e.g. summit cross|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
Cross with little historical or religion value. E.g. summit crosses: They are used to mark peaks. In order to be seen from afar, they are mostly big, heavy and simplistic. In that case, they look completely different to wayside crosses.
How to Map
- Summit crosses
- Draw a node and add natural=peak.
- Draw a second node and add man_made=cross (so 2 symbols are rendered with corresponding data).
When both are coincident:
- A historical cross, symbol of christian faith
- ele=* The elevation of the ground.
- height=* The height of the cross.
- direction=* The direction where the front side is facing. If front and back side can't be distinguished, take either.