From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|man_made = drinking_fountain|
|Provides a small jet of drinking water.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais a man-made construction providing a small jet of water for drinking. Usually supplied by centralized water distribution and (usually) equipped with a user-accessible valve. Drinking fountains provide potable water.
How to map
- operator=* The operator of the drinking fountain.
- name=* The name of the drinking fountain.
- disused:man_made=drinking_fountain To indicate that the drinking fountain is disused.
- man_made=water_tap A man made water tap to obtain water, easy filling of containers.
- man_made=water_well A man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- amenity=water_point, waterway=water_point — for filling water holding tanks with larger amount of water.
- amenity=drinking_water Location of a source of potable drinking water. Note that this tag doesn't provide detailed information other than potability.