| amenity = drinking_water
|Drinking water is a place where humans can obtain potable water for consumption. Typically, the water is used for only drinking. Also known as a drinking fountain or water tap.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Drinking water is a place where humans can obtain potable water for consumption. Typically, the water is used for only drinking. Also known as a drinking fountain or water tap.
How to Map
This tag value should be used on nodes that shows the source of a potable water that humans can drink from. Generally, this feature is small and located in urban environments. They may be commonly found near toilet restrooms, on school campuses, or in shopping malls.
The tag drinking_water=* is used as a indication whether a physical feature provides safe drinking water or potable water for consumption. When mapping with this tag it has a fine level of granularity, it is preferable to mark the individual water sources as a amenity=drinking_water.
- amenity=water_point is a place to get larger amounts of drinking water, usually for caravans, RV's, or boats.
- amenity=watering_place is a place where animals drink water
- natural=spring is used where water flows naturally out of the ground.
- amenity=fountain is a fountain for used for cultural, decorational and/or recreational purposes.
- man_made=water_well is a man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.
- disused=* is used as a method of marking broken fountains. Which may remove them from most maps.
- wetap:status=* is a single-project marking of fountains in need of repair, which leaves them on most maps.
- Proposed features/Potable Water – original proposal.
- Proposed features/water network
- Proposed features/Drinking water attributes – active proposal for extension of tagging
Drinking Water Fountain – Android application to find the nearest drinking water fountain around you. Add/Change fountains, offline mode and nice design.
www.wetap.org – Android application to collect drinking water tap photos/locations/status.