|natural = wood|
|Forest. Sometimes considered to have restricted meaning "Woodland with no forestry".|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: De facto|
|Tools for this tag|
|This page is being considered for cleanup. Please discuss this page.|
Woodland with no forestry.
There are major differences in the way this tag and landuse=forest are used by some Openstreetmap users. Some use this tag to show an area is covered in trees, others use it for woodland not impacted by human maintenance. This problem is explained in the page Forest.
natural=wood applies to nodes and areas.
- name=* - name of woodland
- leaf_type=broadleaved/needleleaved/mixed - describes the type of leaves.
- leaf_cycle=deciduous/evergreen/mixed - describes the phenology of leaves.
Tagging mistakeslanduse=wood - If you know places with this tag, verify if it could be tagged with another tag. Automated edits are strongly discouraged unless you really know what you are doing!
- Forest for difference to
- leaf_type=* and leaf_cycle=*
- When should we use landuse=forest rather than natural=wood? on help.openstreetmap.org
- natural=tree for lone or significant trees
- taxon=* for species and common name and discussion of recording cover values
- Vegetation - summary of tags for various types of trees and plants