|tourism = museum|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A museum. An institution which has exhibitions on scientific, historical, cultural topics. Typically open to the public as a tourist attraction.
May be more heavily involved in acquiring, conserving or researching such topics.
If you wish to supply extra information use these tags alongside tourism=museum
- subject=* or museum=* - the kind of exhibits / theme that you can experience in the museum TODO: decide which is the best tag to use for this
- tourism=gallery - An art gallery. An institution holding art exhibitions (even if they have "museum" in the name)
- shop=antiques - A shop selling antiques. Occasionally these may have "museum" in the name, and present themselves as museums. If is mostly just a shop, then shop=antiques is better
- amenity=arts_centre - An arts centre. A venue where a variety of arts are performed or conducted
- amenity=theatre - Place where live theatrical performances are held.
- Proposed features/Museum - The original Proposal