- I am not a template wizard. What I wrote is about as far as my knowledge of Mediawiki templates took me. But maybe somebody else wants to try this. Joto (talk) 18:50, 20 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi, this looks interesting.
I just would like to point out that the table header (Key, Value, Element, ...) is always in Engligh and does not get translated to a proper language.
Also I have started a discussion about using this feature on Map Features page with some ideas for expaning this software here Talk:Map_Features#Using_Tag_lists. Chrabros (talk) 08:36, 5 September 2016 (UTC)
Thousands separator in count
Just a suggestion. It would be nice to display the number in Count column with some thousands separator. I would suggest to use space. However I do not know what is the best option for the whole world. Chrabros (talk) 13:23, 5 September 2016 (UTC)
- I have used a small space as a thousand separator in taginfo for a long time precisely to get around the problem that different separators are used around the world. Nobody has ever complained, so I'll use the same here. Thanks for the suggestion. Joto (talk) 16:39, 5 September 2016 (UTC)
it seems that the list is sorted alphabetically but case sensitive. In this way the tags with capital letters are listed first which is odd. Please see for example MDF beeing listed first here User:Chrabros/test.
- This is difficult to do perfectly, because it depends on the locale. But OSM keys and tags should be lowercase in almost all cases. And the current behaviour is consistent with how taginfo does it in its own web interface. If you want to be sure about the ordering, you can give a list of all tags. Joto (talk) 16:53, 5 September 2016 (UTC)
Mobile front end
The headings under Map Features that use tag lists say “Loading tag list” on mobile devices because the support is in Common.js but not Mobile.js. --Andrew (talk) 08:07, 7 September 2016 (UTC) Andrew (talk) 08:07, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- OK copied the same into Mobile.js I wonder if there's a smart way to avoid that duplication. -- Harry Wood (talk) 14:39, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
Discussion on user page
User geozeisig mentioned a number of issues and concerns regarding Taglists, and why he is reverting them where needed. Discussion is going on on his talk page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User_talk:Geozeisig#Deine_.C3.84nderungen_aka_.22new_technic.22 Might probably be useful to join this discussion, or even better continue on this talk page. Mmd (talk) 09:39, 24 December 2016 (UTC)
- If there are specific requests for the taginfo tagslists to support extra features, please add them to this page or open an issue on github. Joto (talk) 10:08, 3 January 2017 (UTC)
Taglist no longer working