- For Logo files, see Logos.
Purchases from any of the sites on this page will generate commissions for OpenStreetMap. We depend on this income for funding. Please support OpenStreetMap by making purchase from our retail partners whenever possible.
Polo shirts, T-shirts and caps
Simon04 with T-shirt and cap
Polo shirts have been produced as official OpenStreetMap merchandise on sale for £15 each. Currently the easiest way to buy them would be to get to a London or Birmingham meet-up (postage approach is planned)
High Vis Jackets
FLOSS-Shop is a German company. They sell an "OSM Mug". The mug boasts 179 of the most important OSM tags (plus a somewhat fake "amenity=mug, access=private") and is dishwasher safe. The back of their hi-vis jackets shows the German word "VERMESSUNG".
Approx 17% of the price of the mug is donated to a registered not-for-profit association.
|Is this still valid? This section was inserted here in year 2006 and subsequently not greatly edited.|
OpenStreetMap has a deal with http://www.StorageDepot.co.uk. Storage Depot will donate to us 10% of the price of anything you buy. They are the sole UK distributor of NaviGPS, an ideal GPS unit for our purposes. They also have compatible SD cards that can dramatically increase the logging capacity of the NaviGPS.
Storage Depot also sells a range of storage and backup hardware — USB drives, Firewire drives, pen drives, etc. — you know you need a proper backup solution for your system!
To take advantage of this offer:
- First, place an order with Storage Depot for a NaviGPS or storage device, and any accessories you might need.
- When you receive your email order confirmation, just reply to it, with a copy to email@example.com and add the following text:
Please donate 10% of the value of this purchase to OpenStreetMap. My OpenStreetMap user ID is xxx.
Your email should look something like the one on the right (the order number, price and OpenStreetMap User ID are the essential items):
Note: The cc: firstname.lastname@example.org is important so that we can audit and reconcile their payments to us.
This is a great scheme which is generating between £30 to £50 for OpenStreetMap every month. Highly recommended.
You can get lots of useful stuff from Amazon—wide range of GPS units, mapping books, batteries, memory, hardware accessories, camera accessories, etc. Anything you purchase via the links below will generate 5% to 9% commission for OpenStreetMap, whereas 9% is hard to reach.
- Amazon.com – Affiliate link for Amazon.com which will generate some revenue for OSM when used to purchase stuff.
- Amazon.co.uk – People are buying all kinds of stuff from Amazon and we are getting around £25 a quarter from this source.
- Amazon.de – (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) The money is transferred to OSM.de via FOSSGIS.
- You can also use the Firefox Quick Search with the keyword am and the location http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?field-keywords=%s&tag=opensde-21 - then just type "am <search word>" in your address bar and press enter.
- Originally established by user malenki, this account is now managed on behalf of FOSSGIS e.V. by Frederik Ramm, the FOSSGIS treasurer. User grossing also has access.
- statistics for Amazon.de.
- There are two browser addons (Firefox  , Safari  ) that can help.
- The templates Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de and Amazon.com make it easier to place Amazon links with ASINs in this wiki with the affiliate id.
Pocketland / SmartSam
Pocketland.de is a Web shop that sells, amongst others, GPS-applications for your mobile telephone. Applications are available in the English, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Dutch language. Pocketland gives us 15% of each generated purchase via the links on this OSM wiki page.
Interesting applications are:
- GPS Tuner — an off-road navigation software for Pocket PC devices
- AFTrack — an GPS tracker for Symbian smartphones
- GPSgrabber & GPSmapper — GPS software for Palm devices
Recycle inkjet cartridges and mobile phones
Recycle4Charity is running a scheme that will donate money to OpenStreetMap for used inkjet cartridges and old mobile phones (£1 per cartridge and up to £30 per phone). Use this link to order some freepost recycle bags. The money automatically gets sent to OpenStreetMap (UK only).
This scheme generates few pounds a quarter, but it's better than sending your stuff to the landfill, and the really nice guys at Recycle4Charity often send us a few extra quid. They must like this project.
MapMyTracks is a real-time GPS tracking application that uses OSM maps on their mobile application. They have an affiliate scheme which will donate £5 to OSM for anyone who signs up to their (non-free) PRO account using this link, or just enter osmfd in the Coupon Code field when you sign up.
If you sign up to the FREE account using this link or the osmfd coupon code, then you'll get a free 3-month upgrade to the PRO account.
Assorted logo merchandise (mugs, T-shirts etc) used to be available with a commission to OpenStreetMap, but we don't have this set-up at the current time. The Logos are available if somebody wants to set something up
See also: gallery "T-Shirt Competition"
HOT Indonesia has designed a t-shirt as a way to introduce OpenStreetMap in Indonesia.
Click this image below to download the design:
We prepared an OpenStreetMap sticker for the 2008 Perugia Mapping Party. Click on the image at right for an enlarged preview. The source file for the sticker (OpenOffice Draw document) is available for download at this page
These designs were created by HOT Indonesia as a sticker and pin design. It is released under cc-by-sa-2 license.
Click here to download the design: