Andover Mapping Party 2010
UPDATE: Saturday went well with the missing areas of the town all mapped. Anyone wishing to attend on Sunday should be prepared for countryside (footpath) mapping rather than urban (road) mapping.
Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th May 2010
The county of Hampshire is increasingly well mapped in OpenStreetMap with good coverage of a number of towns and cities and a large number of rural rights of way. Sadly Andover has remained relatively poorly mapped and is listed as a UK mapping priority.
This mapping party seeks to:
- Complete road coverage within the town.
- Improve the rights of way network leading out of the town to the surrounding countryside.
- Meet at Caffé Nero in the High Street between 9:30 - 10:00 AM for an introduction and plan our efforts.
- Spend the day out and about mapping.
- Meet again in the evening for a 'social' in a local pub.
For more information please contact:
Andy Street (Mobile: 07870 890 462)
Just turning up on the day is fine but if you can please add yourself to the list below: