Bitcoin is a payment system which uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. It is sometimes considered a form of currency or "crypto-currency".
Bitcoin tagging for businesses/nodes has been discussed on the tagging mailing list but maybe not yet voted on:
- payment:bitcoin=yes Bitcoin accepted as a payment method at the Point/Points of sale.
- payment:bitcoin=no Bitcoin is not accepted.
- payment:bitcoin=interval Bitcoin is accepted only at certain times; the notation for opening_hours=* can be used.
- payment:website:bitcoin=yes Bitcoin accepted through a business's website yes. If it is not, then choose no.
- currency:XBT=yes Bitcoins are accepted/dispensed.
- currency:XBT=no Bitcoins are not accepted/dispensed.
- currency:others=no Add this tag if all accepted/dispensed currencies have been added to the feature, all other currencies which have not been explicitly tagged are treated as "not accepted".
Please use currency:XBT=* instead of currency:BTC=*. In fact "XBT" is ISO 4217 compliant. Do not use currency=bitcoin.
Maps / Apps / Listings
- Janko, 'payment:website:bitcoin=yes,payment:bitcoin=yes',Wed Aug 13 12:20:53 UTC 2014
- Anita, 'payment:website:bitcoin=yes',Wed Aug 13 11:57:43 UTC 2014