Boston/November 2010 mapping party
November 2010 Mapping Party
Sunday, November 7th, 2010, 12pm to ~5pm
There will be opportunities for newcomers to learn how to map and how to use the project.
- 12pm - 1pm: Introduction to Open Street Maps presentation and discussion
- 1pm: Mapping teams will begin working on local update for OSM. Two teams will be collecting track/data with GPS units and one team will use imagery to update features locally
- 3pm: Review of OSM technology and basics of editing presentation
Some tools that we're trying to cover in the editing session:
- Potlatch, the OpenStreetMap web editor
- JOSM, a more powerful OpenStreetMap desktop editor
- Quantum GIS, an open source desktop GIS with an OpenStreetMap plugin
Please sign-up at the event page for the mapping party.
In addition, feel free to add yourself to the list below if you have already an OpenStreetMap Wiki account.