CartoMobil’ite (carto.mobilite.xyz) is a collaborative map for active and inclusive mobility originally in Tahiti and Moorea, especially for wheelchair people.
For people using wheelchair this map aims at easing their movement.
Initially thought for Tahiti and Moorea in French Polynesia, (‘ite in tahitian means knowledge), this map allows to :
- share accessible places such on the same basis as wheelmap.org with more details added, plus share obstacles, toilets and wheelchair parking places (no OSM account needed)
- get information on those same items,
Link toward the map here : https://carto.mobilite.xyz/
- 2015 : Discover of the great project Cartomobilité lead by Tiriad in Brest, France
- 2019 : firstmeeting on mapping accessibility in Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia and sensitization times for fédération Te Niu O Te Huma
- 2020 : development of the map based on feedback of disabled people during mapping parties.
How it works
FAQ : Frequently Asked Questions
Ressources for mapping
- osmecum for wheelchair mapping: on course or point of interest.
- Mapping accessibility tags and operation (notes vs OSM vs OpenData database)
Tested and approved? You want to embark friends with you?
A technical advice in order to accompany newbies :
- create a filter on OSMCha especially on user "CartoMobil'ite_Visitor", which is the account that sends OSM modifications, and get the RSS link to it for your webmail app,
- add a custom RSS feed of your area on your webmail software, and set up a filter/rules on it on the text "CartoMobil'ite_Visitor".
Sponsors /financial support
This maps exists thanks to the financial support of French Polynesia government.
Then OSGeo Oceania supported the housing.
Still, the sustainability of the project is still to be ensured. So any financial or human help is welcomed. Please contact us if you are interested.
an email : email@example.com
FB page : https://www.facebook.com/mobilite987