Category:Places in Russia
- Province, Oblast, Republic, etc.
- Large city, formally with at least 100,000 inhabitants.
- The administrative center of the Russian Federation with at least 40,000 inhabitants (town, if less).
- District or a part of the city, which has its own name.
- Medium or small city.
- Administrative center of a municipal district or city district not appropriate under the criteria of city, with a population of 4,000 (2,000 for urban settlements).
- Quite large (5,000 people) urban village, or the administrative center of an urban settlement.
- Rural settlements with at least 8,000 residents.
- An inhabited locality not satisfying the criteria for a town. This includes:
- Urban-type settlements.
- Administrative centers of a rural settlements, township, or village council with a population of 100 people.
- Rural-type settlements, locally named villages "towns" or "villages", or other rural settlements with about 50 households (or 300 inhabitants).
- Any other locality not satisfying the criteria for a village.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.