DE:WikiProject Switzerland/Portal Relaunch
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is dedicated to a more or less consolidated wish list about the relaunch of the OpenStreetMap Switzerland portal.
The source code of the website is here.
Services / Resources
- Portal Switzerland - http://www.openstreetmap.ch -
is currently hosted at home4u.ch, any Infos on the available resources? maintained by Marius.
- AMD E-350, 8GB Ram, 1TB Disk
- Taginfo CH - http://taginfo.openstreetmap.ch - hosted at hetzner.de (resources?) (updated monday and thursday around 10am), maintained by Lonvia.
- XAPI CH - http://osm.xiala.net:8080/xapi/api/0.6/ - with VM at xiala.net (updated at *:12 with the hourly diff), maintained by Beni.
- PostGIS-Terminal (Beta!) - http://188.8.131.52 - hosted at HSR (updated nightly around 3am), maintained by Geonick.
- Some OSM services hosted on wikimedia toolserver. Maintained by t-i.
- Hiking map maintain by Sarah.
- Some old swiss render to see the OSM progression maintained by Stéphane.
- OSM on SwissGrid maintained by Stéphane.
- Pistes nordiques maintained by Yves.
- OSM legend maintained by Yves.
- Swiss Public Transport Map
See also the talk-ch list thread
- News Ticker including RSS Feed about News from and regarding Switzerland.
- Keep display of (Swiss) Slippy Map or have a layout showing sections about OSM (like http://osmtools.de/portal/ )
- Render a "Swiss Style" Map with minutely updated data
- Working address search via url (something like map.search.ch)
- Print OSM map like in http://sitn.ne.ch/ can be create by Stéphane on a dedicated server?
- Or I can provide a KVM Virtual Machine with way enough CPU Power and around 10GB RAM almost surely. osm.xiala.net ist currently running there. The problem is diskspeed if we really want to render Swiss Style Tiles, as the disks are used for other Projects too and are just 7200rpm SATA. It is possible to attach a storage system to the server. But that would cost some money. --Beni 19:53, 16 June 2011 (BST)
- I never done some test but I think that for the database an SSD disk can be a good solution. Stéphane 08:56, 6 July 2011 (BST)
- An alternate solution can be a DediBox. Stéphane 21:14, 3 July 2011 (BST)
- I'd like to help here if desired. Stéphane
- I'd like to help here if desired. --Beni 19:53, 16 June 2011 (BST)