Dolomiti mapping party
August 1st - 2nd, Trentino, Italy
The first mapping party in Italian mountain, spend two days on the Chain of the Brenta's Dolomites, one of the most beautiful areas of the Alps, organized by the community of the OMS, especially from the Trentino's mappers, and GFOSS.it
Where and when
- August, saturday 1st and sunday 2nd
- Location: Dolomiti del Brenta.
- Meeting place: To be defined. Probably Trento city.
- First group: 31 Jul Friday afternoon: start from Trento city. Private cars are available. Who wants to use public transportation has to be in "San Lorenzo in Banale - ele=800m" not later than 15:30. Here will start the climb toward "Rifugio Agostini - ele=2400m" where will stay overnight. The climb will last about ~4h. There are some differents near paths. It would be useful to subdivide the group and map each path.
- Second group: 1 Aug Saturday morning: start from Trento with a private car available in the early morning toward "Madonna di Campiglio - ele=1500m" and start of the climb toward "Rifugio Tuckett - ele=2270m" ~2h . Then the second group will explore the paths starting from Tuckett. In the meanwhile the first group will reach "Rifugio Tuckett" passing by "Rifugio Tosa/Pedrotti" and "Rifugio Brentei". The two groups will join together and we will stay overnight at Rifugio Tuckett
- 2 Aug Sunday: Continuing to explore the paths starting from Tuckett. In the afternoon/evening the mapping party will end and we will reach the cars/public transportation stops.
All the paths are quite easy and alpine experience required is low. Only basic equipment is needed (hiking boots).
If you are interested in attending to the mapping party, you can sign down here (this is an informal list, just to see who may be coming).
In Trento city