Edit-a-thon/US Spring Editathon 2014
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
The sixth national Editathon will be held in in the weekend of April 26-27, 2014.
|City||Dates and Times||Venue||Contact||Event link|
|Salt Lake City, UT||April 26, 2-5pm||Joffee's Coffees||Martijn van Exel||meetup|
|San Francisco, CA||April 26, 12-6pm||Stamen Design||Alan McConchie||meetup|
|Los Angeles, CA||April 26, 11am-5pm||USC Dornsife School (GIS) conference room||Charlotte Wolter, Richard Kachelriess||meetup|
|Chicago, IL||April 26, 12-6pm||Chicago Community Trust||Ian Dees||meetup|
|Washington, DC||April 26, 12-5pm||Mapbox||Alex Barth||meetup|
|Phoenix, AZ||April 26, 12-5pm||Spokes On Southern||Ryan Arp||meetup|
|Boston, MA||April 26, 12-5pm||Telenav Boston (129 South St, 2nd floor)||Lars Ahlzen||meetup|
|St Louis, MO||April 26, 10am-4pm||Washington University, Rudolph Hall Rm 308||Brett Lord-Castillo||eventbrite|
|Seattle, WA||April 27, 1pm - 4pm||Mercer Island Library, 4400 88th Ave. S.E., Mercer Island, WA||Clifford Snow||Meetup|
What do I need to know to host an event?
- The rule is simple: anything you commit to OpenStreetMap, should contain the hashtag #editathon in the comment
- Use MapRoulette or the Battle Grid to jump start editing!
- Your event can be an outside surveying event or an inside editing event
- Design your event friendly to newcomers, make sure there's someone there to explain to first timers the fundamentals of OpenStreetMap and show them the first steps of editing and surveying.
- The location should have fast internet and a place to sit for everyone. Remind attendees to bring a computer, mouse, and any other devices you'll need for your event.
- Collect name and email from attendees, keep them to yourself. This information is to send on a feedback survey and only for that.