Featured image proposals
Welcome to Featured image proposals.
Great photos of OpenStreetMap community, maps, or artwork posted here stand a good chance of being made Featured images, giving your picture a week of infamy on the main page of the OpenStreetMap Wiki, plus eternal fame in the archives.
- Image sources / places that might contain interesting OSM stuff:
- Dates to be taken note of when choosing a featured image
- Template:Calendar - Upcoming events that might call for an image
- Parked image proposals. Proposals which didn't go anywhere (but may still be rescued back onto this page)
Global Noise Pollution Map
Visualization of noise pollution for the entire world based on top of OSM data. Link: http://lukasmartinelli.ch/gis/2016/04/03/openstreetmap-noise-pollution-map.html Wille (talk)----
Saw a screenshot image of this on twitter: http://blog.alb42.de/programs/mapparium/ No better than any other software screenshot, but we should do more software screenshots really. We can spin a positive caption about this because it's a prime example of OSM data reaching exotic tech platforms!
Indoor mapping presented at WhereCamp Berlin
Apparently indoor mapping was a big topic and WhereCamp Berlin recently. Simon Poole was suggesting looking for an image from that. Anyone got a specific image to suggest?
I spotted this nice animated image https://twitter.com/tbsprs/status/794979018038710272 So I (or someone) could chase the licensing on that
Creating MapRoulette Challenges from GeoJSON
- Yeah it's a good tutorial to draw attention to, but I can't particularly see a stand out image there. -- Harry Wood (talk) 10:50, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
Bus stops of Rosario and Buenos Aires
It needs a better marker for the bus stops, but can be an idea to a post in the future: https://twitter.com/OpenStreetMapAR/status/834933019928571904 There are a lot of bus routes mapped in both cities as well. --Wille (talk) 01:42, 24 February 2017 (UTC)
Project NOAH-ISAIAH mapping
The Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards (NOAH) coordinated a series of mapping sessions in the last 12 months that improved the map of Philippines. This data will be used in improving disaster management before, during, and after emergencies. More information: http://blog.noah.dost.gov.ph/2016/04/08/map-your-community-in-osm-with-project-noah/ --Wille (talk) 13:38, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- Looks good to me. That's scheduled for the week starting tomorrow and available for translation now: Template:Iotw text/2017-12 -- Harry Wood (talk) 20:58, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
In 2017 we will have the first ever State of the Map Africa! It will be held in Kampala, Uganda's capital from 8th to 10th July. In this image you can see how well mapped is the Kampala's city centre. --Wille (talk) 13:38, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
Aleppo destruction reprojected
TODO: grab & crop. get permissions. write caption