Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2012-10-22
OpenStreetMap US board meeting October 22, 2012
- Treasurer: Randy Hale, confirmed with four thumbs
- President: Martijn van Exel, confirmed with four thumbs
- Secretary: Alex Barth, confirmed with four thumbs
- Vice president: Jim McAndrew, cofirmed with four thumbs
- At large: John Novak, confirmed with four thumbs
- $2,000 reapproved for any fees
- Alex will share ETA on 501c3 status by Monday
- We won’t revive them for reviving’s sake
- Discussion on osm.us web site relaunch
- Alex wants to work on this later in the year if no one else kicks this off until then
- Discussion on analytics
- We all have access
- Make it a regular part of meeting to decide on blog posts
- Meeting minutes go into Wiki
- Richard Welty recommends
- Make executive committee formal in standing rules
- Pull in Bonnie for chairing a SOTM-us committee
- Standing rules are not formalized?
- Richard: Get RFP for SOTM 2013 going early
- Alex: place SOTM us in first half of the year to position well w/ Int’l conference
- Martijn: window of opportunity for first half is closing, maybe closed.
- RFP last year went out in early December for October.
- Announcement in January
- Started organizing in August?
- Call for papers in May
- about $15k in account, there is money
- Alex will work out a SOTM-US 2013 schedule with Bonnie and submit to board mailing list.
- Jim will draft Blog post announcing roles
- Martijn will look into formalizing standing rules.
- Alex will ask Bonnie whether she’d chair a SOTM-US committee
- Next week quick 15 minute google hangout on Monday, Martijn schedules
- Next main board meeting in November, Alex will send out doodle. This time we will invite former board members more formally to get their lessons learned and recommendations.