Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2013-01-15
Review by board members pending.
- Martijn van Exel
- Randy Hale
- Jim McAndrew
- John Novak
- Alex Barth
These are OpenStreetMap US’ goals for 2013 based on our Jan 25 strategy meeting:
- Continue to ramp up communications on blog
- Blog state side and important int’l OSM activities
- Feature local mapping events
- Respond to outside topics
- Focus on launching a good SOTM 2013
- Get one or two pan-US mapping events like the Jan 26 event going
- Organize an OSM data hack weekend (we should set a date for this soon).
- Expand and improve on q/a tools like maproulette
- Relaunch osm.us
- Hit important events (ESRI? FOSS4GNA?)
- Push on membership drive
- Get 501c3
- Get outside help to build this organization
- Recruit future board members
- Rock SOTM.US
In rough order, aggregated mostly by person.
- “community is central” “we need to take our own approach” “data driven communities”. More visual, more tangible what we can fix.
- mappy hour
- we need to professionalize
- There was a bunch more, did not catch everything
- OSM data hack weekend? YES!
- MapRoulette is a promosing approach, capture results
- capture these results, do media work around it
- “capturing the progress we’ve made is a big enabler [for fundraising]”
- succession planning, who should be also on board?
- How can we facilitate building Q/A apps? Could there be an OSM-US data app platform?
- Work closer with agencies who could be contributing data / work w/ OSM
- The press outreach that thea was doing was great, how impactful was it? It did allow us to build the community in Atlanta?
- Can we get people on board who can build organizations?
- Get Telenav’s HP Jin for a mentoring hour
- I’d like to push membership
- Get to a 20k in the bank
- “attention horing is good”
- Blogging / PR / Events
- Relaunch osm.us
- Kick ass SOTM US (convene community of individual mappers + biz community)
- Feature Q/A tools like Maproulette or TIGER offset map
- Should we have interns?
- Should we do MapUSA?
- Should we do more hack weekends? At sotm us?
- Should we do a mapping bus?
- Launch an annual progress report?
Potential staff, blue sky, post - 2013
- Communications/outreach/PR lead
- Data team
- Import assistance
- Annual report, stats
- Measuring events
- Fund raiser