Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2014-12-09
- Randy Meech
- Alex (via phone)
Goals for the board
- Let's continue the discussion on Github
- Alyssa would love to see 5 goals before the end of the year
SOTM US Design
- Martijn: The CartoDB had a bit more personality, but the Tristan one is
- Alyssa: CartoDB reflects the New York theme nicely, fits the "Made in NY"
- Ian: Liked the colors from Tristan, CartoDB is a pretty nice logo
- Alex: CartoDB layout is not as well put together
- Randy: Like the CartoDB logo, will send an e-mail because I have to drop off
- Alyssa: Summary-- Randy had a good feedback loop with CartoDB, there was one concern that we couldn't hear.
- Alyssa: Liked the lightness, optimism in the CartoDB logo.
- Alex: Should I go back to Tristan, can we work with CartoDB's logo?
- Alyssa: That would be amazing. CartoDB is in support of working together.
- Eleanor: We credit both firms for working together
- Alex: It's not going to match exactly, but it'll be inspired by it
SOTM US in general
- Alex will meet with Bonnie etc. tomorrow to come up with a list of next steps and will post to the Github repo
- Alyssa is back at work part time now
- Alyssa reached out to a travel agency about scholarships
- Alex wants to see stuff in tickets so he can work with Bonnie/etc. tomorrow
- Alyssa will announce SOTM US at Geo NYC tonight