Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2014-12-16
- Absent: Ian (with notice)
Separate meeting for SOTM planning
- Alyssa has someone at the Samsung Accelerator team who is good at hotel deals. Also folks at Mapbox involved. UN people also.
- Let's get those people on one call. Planning for Tuesday 5:30 EST call. We can expand invitees list later as needed.
- Alyssa to send out invite / email to invite.
- Alyssa asks why the sponsorship deck differs from what was proposed.
- No decision has been made on levels / packages yet
- Alyssa stresses that it needs te be really clear what you get for the money.
- Alex proposes to have another call tomorrow or day after to decide on tiers.
- Goal for this time next week is to have a deck ready.
- Alex to set up follow up call for sponsorship tiers
Solidifying a design
- Alyssa feels it's still a bit off. Too dark.
- Tristen is working on lightening it up.
- Could be launched tonight.
- Everyone please give it one last look
- Alex: Please everyone give feedback on the newsletter.
- Alex posted documents by Mark Diskin to review. Please review.
- We still haven't heard back on the old bank accounts. We can't seem to get the statements. Alex to discuss with Ian.
- Everyone reviews their posted suggestions
- Alyssa suggests an annual 'state of OpenStreetMap US' report
- Discussion around how we can pick up the 'mapper's stories' idea into a web series / something to support the conference.
- How to get mappers to speak at the conference. Talk perhaps not the right format. We need to come up with a platform for mappers to share their stories at the conference.
- Mapper of the month? In the newsletter
- Top mapper identification / stories. Eleanor wants to own this.
- Discussion around workshops, repeat or not? No immediate decision.
- Tangent: should we have a motto / theme for the conference?
- Code of conduct, do we want one for the conference and other event?
- Event starter kit could be a good angle to attack this, could include CoC but also who to reach out to and how.
- Partnering with Maptime on local events and starter kit (look at what Mele put together)
- Mele started a Mapathon starter kit
- Let's work on 10 good media stories. Alyssa wants to work on this.