Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2015-01-20
- (Martijn on Europe time)
- Once we apply how long is the process? Probably on the order of months
- Fundraising for SOTMUS: we can't tell people we're a non-profit
- Eleanor: could we partner with a 501c3 to help make donations/sponsorships happen?
Meeting with Debbie
- It went well, we're going to categorize things in Quickbooks and probably write off the difference in the Wells Fargo account that we haven't gotten statements on yet
- Not a lot of substantial feedback
- Tanya pointed out that the minimum number of directors changed to 3 from 4
- Alyssa: I'd slightly prefer 5-9 rather than 3
- Eleanor: we have 5 now, if someone dropped out we'd have ot have an election right away or we wouldn't be able to do any business
- Alex: that's my concern: if someone drops out we're stuck
- Alex: going to summarize this discussion and put a vote in the Github ticket for us to vote on
- We need to turn >100 people out, so get ready to send lots of e-mail
- We recommend the bylaws to the membership and when they pass the vote they are ratified. We don't have to vote again on them other than voting as members.