Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2015-04-14
- Debbie is not working out too well.
- Everyone to ask around for other options.
- Alex has had no luck so far.
- Eleanor may know someone.
- Alyssa has a recommendation also, will follow up.
- Alex completed the budgets, got signatures needed.
- Ball is in Mark Diskin's court right now.
- No actions needed right now, except for Alyssa needs to look at the bios.
- SotM money incoming is all going into the new WF checking account.
- Goal is to move everything over to WF from Regions checking account slowly.
- We need to file taxes for 2013-2014, no progress there right now.
- Ian to get in touch with accountants (May&Barnhard).
- We should be good to file 2014
- We need a clear picture of upcoming expenses.
- Alyssa to work with Anthony on setting up a google sheets or similar for that.
- Wells Fargo to be added to QBO
- Start reconciling 2015.
Conflict of interest
- We need to identify potential conflicts of interest
- The COI policy defines a COI in financial terms, we don't really see that occurring.
- On the other hand, there may be other conflicts of interest that don't have a direct financial, quantifiable interest.
- Right now though we have to think about what the IRS expects. Our responsibility to the community (good stewardship) is a different matter.
- Alex prepared a statement stating: - Alyssa, Martijn, Alex declared a potential financial conflict of interest by their respective companies sponsoring State of the Map US and at the same time serving on the State of the Map US program committee. - Board decision (Ian Dees, Eleanor Tutt): NO not a conflict of interest. - We do deal with potential conflict of interest outside of the financial nature by having a program committee with diverse voices.
- We should make a very public statement around what our potential conflicts are and how we deal with it.
- There could be a separate post on the way we decide on the program talks.
- Ian wants to write these posts.
- No back channel with Clifford / Charlotte, the ball is in their court for coming up with comms around summer mapathon.
- We can do a better job helping out organizers
- We can start a mailing list
- Cliff / Charlotte's work ties into this.
- Ian is helping out with the interational payments.
- Some non-response, 1 decline.
- Scholarship winner guest blog post? Eleanor to send out a general inquiry to winners.