Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2015-11-10
Taxes Ian will go through the list Keri sent and create checkboxes as needed
- Ian will continue to function as Treasurer
- Martijn At Large
- Alyssa will continue as President
- Alex VP
- Secretary - Drishtie
- Alyssa to put this out as a blog post
Some key things mentioned:
- Focus on mapper growth
- Events more workshop-/teaching-oriented
- Events more local / regional
- Tap into CfA brigades, Red cross and other existing communities
- Provide a platform for local communities to organize
- Refocus / rethink web site
- Monthly classes, perhaps together with a partner like TeachOSM
- Mappy hours (combine with the above?)
- Focus on US but learn and teach with other Local Chapters.
- Getting-started outreach for new sign ups who haven't mapped yet. Work with OSM sysops.
- Big sister / brother program
- Retry partnering with Meetup
- Work with granting foundation to reboot OSM groups
- Add OSM day / track to 3rd party events. What kinds of events?
- Create tickets / action items around this