Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2016-08-23
SOTM US Post Mortem
23 AUGUST 2016 / 4:30 PM
Attendees Martijn Van Exel, Drishtie Patel, Clifford Snow, Ari Simmons
- Menu choices to include more gluten free and healthy options
- A few people said the Flatstick event was a bit too far away - More communication around how to get to places
- Sponsor’s social was really valued
- Geo-ladies event got great feedback and could be made an annual event
- Send out some info about social/tourist things they could do in the area. Through blogs/website.
- Conference theme needs to be properly thought out and followed through with
- Base on board / community objectives for the future
- This year ‘Community’ theme did not end up being carried through enough (Clifford)
- Banner ad on osm.org earlier
- Hire a media consultant earlier on. To create press releases, get more attention etc.
- Have someone work on development part time and do this professionally
- Timeline did not match company timelines for budgets and planning (esp. Sponsorships).
- Have scholars give their feedback about the conference as part of the scholarship program.
- Think more carefully around International scholars. Logistics, money transfers are difficult.
- Pauls thoughts? Seems to have gotten very difficult towards to end especially with transferring money
- Hiring a Project Coordinator earlier on would be integral
- Using an app for the program would be more useful than the printed program. Can also make live edits.
- Think about having transcription services added to the videos as close captioning
- Worked on very compressed schedule