| Gela, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy|
|latitude: 37.0743, longitude: 14.2500|
|Browse map of Gela 37°04′27.48″ N, 14°15′00.00″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under OpenStreetMap License.|
- Due to the fact that there isn't an active local community, is fundamental to survey the area (primarily those with multiple commercial activities: Via Venezia, Corso Salvatore Aldisio-Corso Vittorio Emanuele, Lungomare Federico II di Svevia) with Mapillary or OpenStreetCam. Although there are already some images in OpenStreetCam, currently we suggest to use Mapillary due to the fact that at the moment the OpenStreetCam wrongly blur many commercial signs that inhibit the mapping of many POIs.
- Add lit,oneway speedlimit and surface tag to the highways.
- Add buildings (residential, commercial, and industrial).
- Add the house numbers, only few areas were mapped with these.(Current situation map)
- Add local commercial activities (shops, restaurants, bars, coffees, ....)[WIP, contact Aury88].
- Add suburbs boundary and other locality (contrade, rioni ... )
- Add the farmland and other landuse and landcover. [WIP, contact Aury88]
- Add the farmland and other landuse and landcover. [contact Aury88]
- On 27.07.2014 was sent an open letter to various offices[IT].
- Add local commercial activities [contact Aury88].
Points Of Interest
Actually (2018-10-27) there are 409 POI; most of them are located in the area between Piano Notaro, Caposoprano and the old cemetery, along the main streets of Via Palazzi, Via Alessandro Manzoni and via Europa. Mani of those POI has also associated an housenumber Other areas are Via Venezia with some of the activities mapped and near the Cattedrale Maria Sanissima Assunta in Cielo along Corso Vittorio Emanuele.
- Places to stay (hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, ...)
- Places to eat (restaurants, pizzerias, typical food, ...)
- Places to drink (bars, pubs, coffees, ...)
- Entertainment structures (cinemas, theatres, ...)
- Health structures (doctors, dentists, pharmacies, ...)
- Religion structures (churchs, cathedrals, chapels, ...)
- Industries and Commercial areas
Tools & Maps
Online there are many governative's/PAs maps without a licence that can be used as reference or copied in OSM.
Here a list of possible source (be sure there isn't a licence or that it's compatible with OdbL)