Geoapify GmbH offers commercial services for geospatial and location intelligence technologies. The Geoapify Location Platform provides APIs and ready to use solutions that help to create customs maps, build routes and isolines, analyze geodata. It combines best existing software components and data sources, including OpenStreetMap, as a foundation, fits them together, and adds convenience and unified API on top to abstract underlying complexity and offer best customer experience.
Geoapify focuses on the needs of small and medium businesses, individuals, government and non-profit organizations around the world, and makes it easy and very cost-efficient to implement any kind of geo-applications.
Location Platform APIs
Geoapify cloud platform gives access to the majority of components that one would need to build a new application, website, or solve location or routing-related problems. To cover additional requirements, the company provides consultancy, custom software, and web development and, when necessary, can set up and manage dedicated servers or implement 100% on-premise installations.
- Map Tiles - raster and vector map tiles for "slippy" web maps, fast tile hosting with CDN, TMS, WMS, WMTS.
- Static Maps API - create map images with markers in png and jpg formats.
- Marker Icon API - generate map markers.
Address and Location
- Geocoding API - forward and reverse geocoding service with autocomplete and batch calls support.
- IP Geolocation - find user location by IP address.
- Places API - places search by category.
- Place Details API - get detailed information about place or location.
- Boundaries API - get administrative and other types boundaries and their hierarchies.
- Routing API - calculate a route between a pair or more points.
- Route Matrix API - calculate a time-distance matrix for a big number of locations.
- Map Matching API - match provided Longitude and Latitude coordinates (GPS-coordinates) to existing roads.
- Route Planner API - solve Vehicle Routing Problem and related. Optimize route and resources.
All the APIs support multiple transportation modes including 'drive', 'truck', 'bicycle', 'walk', and 'transit' modes.
All the APIs can be tested in the interactive Playground.
In addition to the Location APIs, Geoapify offers an interactive map builder - Mapifator that lets to generate maps with pins with a graphical interface.
In addition, Geoapify technology powers a number of useful niche websites, like Commute Time Map that shows public transport reachability from/to one or multiple locations, worldwide, and can be used for choosing optimal places to stay or live.
Free usage for non-commercial organizations and education projects
Geoapify offers free map tiles, geocoding and other services for non-commercial and education projects. Geoapify services can be used as: