It combines best existing software components and data sources, including OpenStreetMap, as a foundation, fits them together and adds convenient and unified API on top to abstract underlying complexity and offer best customer experience.
Geoapify focuses on the needs of small and medium businesses, individuals, government and non-profit organizations around the world, and makes it easy and very cost efficient to implement any kind of geo-applications.
Geoapify cloud platform gives access to the majority of components that one would need to build a new application, website, or solve location or routing-related problems. To cover additional requirements, the company provides consultancy, custom software, and web development and, when necessary, can set up and manage dedicated servers or implement 100% on-premise installations.
Geoapify offerings include
- digital maps - tiles for "slippy" web maps, fast tile hosting with CDN, TMS, WMS, WMTS
- routing and route optimization
- geocoding and reverse geocoding, with search-as-you-type autocompletion
- catalog of places, areas and regions (by type, location, code and other properties)
- statistical and geo-databases
- reachability analysis (isochrone and isodistance maps)
In addition Geoapify technology powers number of useful niche websites, like Commute Time Map that shows public transport reachability from/to one or multiple locations, worldwide, and can be used for choosing optimal places to stay or live.