Health centers import in Peru
Improve the map, especially in the rural areas of Peru where information of health centers is poor.
The data is available in https://www.datosabiertos.gob.pe/ and the information is provided by SUSALUD - Superintendencia Nacional de Salud as mention in the portal. The entire dataset is 20,819 of which 7,933 points have coordinates to add to the map.
Data provided by SUSALUD.
The import data was separated according the district, there is a file per each district containing the health center points of the district. The data and the script for processing is in this repository.
|Original fields||Meaning||OSM tags||Comments|
|Nombre de establecimiento||Establishment name||name=*|
|Tipo||Establishment type||Not used|
|Clasificación||It depends of establishment category||amenity=hospital, amenity=clinic, amenity = doctors, healthcare=*|
|Institución||Entity who is directly in charge of the current operation of the establishment||operator=*|
|Departamento||Department where it is||Not used|
|Provincia||Provincia where it is||Not used|
|Distrito||Distrito where it is||Not used|
|Ubigeo||Coding system for geographical locations in Peru||Not used|
|Dirección||Address of the center||addr:street=* + addr:housenumber=* or addr:full=*||Only add in case it is clear|
|Código DISA||Health address code||Not used|
|Código Red||Establishment Red code||ref:red=*|
|Código Microred||Establishment Microred code||ref:microred=*|
|Teléfono||Phone number||phone=*||Only add in case it is clear|
|Horario||Service hours||opening_hours=*||Not necessary to add due it does not specify the operating days|
Other considerations for tagging:
- To add the amenity tag, lets use the category tag, which is as the following:
I-1 and I-2; consider as: amenity=doctors I-3 and I-4: consider as: amenity=clinic II-* and III-* consider as: amenity=hospital
Use healthcare in case they are necessary to detail in some medical support services.
- In case "operator" has the value of "Privado", change the tag to "operator:type=private".
- In case the address has number of lots or the name of the community or locality add "addr:full=*", in case the address has the street name and the number, add "addr:street=*" and "addr:housenumber=*" and if it only has the street name add "addr:street=*".
- For "phone" tag's values, use ITU format. For example for landline phone in Ayacucho is: +51 66 XXXXXX, and for a movil phone is: +51 XXXXXXXXX. For number that start with * or # add "phone:PE=*" instead only "phone =*".
- JOSM will be used to review and edit the data.
Import user account
For import process into OpenStreetMap, we have to create a dedicated user account. Usually the import account is "osm user name"_import. For example karitotp (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.).
More details to create an import user account in Guidelines
- Set up your import user account in JOSM.
- Load the Bing Satellite Imagery.
- Load the file "district".osm in JOSM.
- Download the area from OpenStreetMap in the same layer.
- Review and import data:
- Review the "address" key, if its value is not clear we can modify or delete it.
- Review the "opening_hours" key, we have to modify according to OpenStreetMap format of opening_hours key, if the hours is not clear we can delete it.
- If the health center is already in OpenStreetMap, lets add the missing attributes from the point to the osm data.
Changeset comment and Source
- Changeset comment: Importando centros de salud
- Source: Bing, https://www.datosabiertos.gob.pe/