|A healthcare facility|
|Used on these elements|
|Documented values: 30|
|Tools for this tag|
The key healthcare=* is used to map a facility that provides healthcare (part of the healthcare sector).
See Healthcare for a full list of healthcare facility tags.
How to map
Add a healthcare:speciality=* as appropriate.
|healthcare=alternative||Someone practicingbut is not a or a place where alternative or complementary medicine is practiced that does not fit into the other categories|
|healthcare=audiologist||shop=hearing_aids instead; if linked with a shop please use|
|healthcare=birthing_centre||A non-clinicaloperated by midwives.|
|healthcare=blood_donation||A facility where you can donate blood, plasma and/or platelets, and possibly have stem cell samples taken.|
|healthcare=centre||Healthcare facility with unspecified characteristics. Its usage without further specifications is discouraged.|
|healthcare=clinic||May be used in addition to amenity=clinic.|
|See amenity=health_post instead for a place where a serves as the main health care provider.|
|healthcare=counselling||Healthcare counselling, e.g. an addiction centre, a nutritionist, or a sex therapist. Also see healthcare=nutrition_counselling|
|healthcare=dentist||May be used in addition to amenity=dentist.|
|healthcare=dialysis||A clinic for day patients to get a hemodialysis|
|healthcare=doctor||May be used in addition to amenity=doctors.|
|healthcare=hospice||A Hospice which provides palliative care to terminal ill people and support to their relatives.|
|healthcare=hospital||May be used in addition to amenity=hospital.|
|healthcare=laboratory||also called (analytical, diagnostic) is a place that analyzes body fluids such as blood, urine, faeces etc. Often blood and other samples are collected here as well.|
|healthcare=midwife||A, a health professional who cares for mothers and newborns around childbirth.|
|healthcare=nurse||. A facility where some nurses may receive their patients.|
|healthcare=occupational_therapist||Someone who practicesbut is not a .|
|healthcare=optometrist||shop=optician instead.; If linked with a shop please use|
|Rejected tag, but used in addition to amenity=pharmacy by one editor.|
|healthcare=physiotherapist||Someone who practices(also known as in some countries) but is not a .|
|healthcare=podiatrist||Someone who practicesbut is not a on Wikipedia.|
|healthcare=psychotherapist||Someone who practicesbut is not a on Wikipedia.|
|healthcare=rehabilitation||; should not be used for a wellness clinic or hotel.|
|healthcare=sample_collection||Site or dedicated healthcare facility where samples of blood/urine/etc are obtained or collected for purpose of analyzing them for healthcare diagnostics|
|healthcare=speech_therapist||Someone who practices.|
|healthcare=vaccination_centre||a healthcare facility specifically dedicated to administering vaccinations to individuals, to provide immunisation against infectious diseases.|
|healthcare=yes||General healthcare facility. Used only if specifics are unknown. If this value is used, it is recommended to include some details with the description=* or fixme=* key.|
healthcare:speciality=* as defined below.
The speciality of a healthcare:speciality=*. The following table shows values which could be used in connection with this key. The table was derived from the Directive 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament on the recognition of professional qualifications  with additions from Wikipedia.(informal the doctor) or a medical facility can be tagged using the key
If a medical practitioner or a medical facility covers several specializations, they could be separated by a semicolon (';') e.g. healthcare:speciality=radiology;radiotherapy
Specialities of medical practitioners
Specialities for amenity=clinic / healthcare=clinic
Specialities for healthcare=psychotherapist
|healthcare:speciality=depth||psychotherapy based on, e.g.|
|healthcare:speciality=humanistic||psychotherapy based on|
|healthcare:speciality=other||psychotherapy that does not fit into the other categories, e.g.|
Specialities for healthcare=laboratory
Specialities for healthcare=alternative
Attention, the specialities here may be used additional to medical facilities.
But on its own the alternative healthcare cannot ensure proper and state-of-the-art healthcare.
Therefore the tag healthcare:=* is very misleading. Some of this practices may even be dangerous for the human health.
Specialities for healthcare=counselling
What types of counselling are offered.
|healthcare:counselling=addiction||counselling for drugs like alcohol|
|healthcare:counselling=antenatal||and antenatal counselling|
Rendering / Editor
- Rendering / Editor: Healthsites.io
- Rendering: osm-carto Not currently rendered. See PR (#3731 – Revert rendering of healthcare key) to suspend the rendering of healthcare=* for problems with areas tagged with healthcare=* not being in the rendering database yet. Now rendering on the OSM website depends on this request.
- Healthcare - For a full list of facilities which provide healthcare services
- amenity=pharmacy - A shop where a pharmacist sells medications
- amenity=hospital - A hospital providing in-patient medical treatment
- amenity=clinic - A clinic is a medical centre, with more staff than a doctor's office, that does not admit inpatients
- amenity=doctors - A doctor's office, a place to get medical attention or a check up from a physician
- amenity=health_post - A village or neighborhood health post, without a physician
- amenity=dentist - A dentist practice / surgery
- amenity=social_facility - A facility that provides social services
- building=hospital - A building which forms part of a hospital
- emergency=* - This key describe various emergency services
- Emergency - Used for various forms of emergency equipment
- Social facility - A facility that provides social services
- Disabilities - Tags and features that will be relevant for disabled users
- Proposal history: