|amenity = doctors|
|A doctor's office, a place to get medical attention or a check up from a physician.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A doctor's office is a place you can go to get medical attention or a check up from a physician; also known as a doctor's surgery in the UK. These range from a single doctor's office to larger outpatient facilities.
The tag amenity=clinic is used for larger outpatient medical facilities with at least several physicians
How to map
If the doctor's office is located in a larger building, or the extent is unknown, add the tag amenity=doctors on a node placed at the centre point of the building. Alternatively, add the tag to a closed way (area) drawn around the perimeter of the building or larger amenity area if there are, for example, dedicated grounds or car parks.
In addition to this tag, some mappers add healthcare=doctor.
See healthcare:speciality=* to tag the speciality of the physician(s).
Spelling of the tag
Note that the tag is spelled amenity=doctors, and not "
amenity=doctor". The "doctors" does not refer to multiple doctors, but to the designation "doctor's office", so this tag is used even if there is only a single doctor.
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - The primary name: in general, the most prominent signposted name or the most common name in the local language(s)
- operator=* - Сompany, corporation, person or any other entity who is directly in charge of the current operation of a map object
- Address - "addr" is the prefix for several addr:* keys to describe addresses
- contact:phone=* or phone=* - A telephone number associated with the object
- contact:website=* or website=* - Specifying the link to the official website for a feature
- opening_hours=* - Describes when something is open or closed, there is a specific standard format for this data
- wheelchair=* - Indicate if a special place can be used with wheelchairs
Common tagging mistakes
- amenity=dentist - A dentist practice / surgery
- amenity=clinic - A clinic is a medical centre, with more staff than a doctor's office, that does not admit inpatients
- amenity=hospital - A hospital providing in-patient medical treatment
- healthcare=* - A healthcare facility
- Doctor's office on Wikipedia.