|amenity = doctors|
|A doctor's office, a place to get medical attention or a check up from a physician.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A doctor's office is a place you can go to get medical attention or a check up from a physician; also known as ain the UK. These range from a single doctor's office to larger outpatient facilities.
How to map
If the doctor's office is located in a larger building, or the extent is unknown, add the tag amenity=doctors on a node placed at the centre point of the building. Alternatively, add the tag to a closed way (area) drawn around the perimeter of the building or larger amenity area if there are, for example, dedicated grounds or car parks.
See healthcare:speciality=* to tag the speciality of the physician(s).
Spelling of the tag
Note that the tag is spelled amenity=doctors, and not "
amenity=doctor". The "doctors" does not refer to multiple doctors, but to the designation "doctor's office", so this tag is used even if there is only a single doctor.
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - The primary name: in general, the most prominent signposted name or the most common name in the local language(s)
- operator=* - Сompany, corporation, person or any other entity who is directly in charge of the current operation of a map object
- Address - "addr" is the prefix for several addr:* keys to describe addresses
- contact:phone=* or phone=* - A telephone number associated with the object
- contact:website=* or website=* - Specifying the link to the official website for a feature
- opening_hours=* - Describes when something is open or closed, there is a specific standard format for this data
- wheelchair=* - Indicate if a special place can be used with wheelchairs
Common tagging mistakes
- amenity=dentist - A dentist practice / surgery
- amenity=clinic - A clinic is a medical centre, with more staff than a doctor's office, that does not admit inpatients
- amenity=hospital - A hospital providing in-patient medical treatment
- healthcare=* - A healthcare facility
- on Wikipedia.