|healthcare = alternative|
|A facility where alternative or complementary medicine is practiced: e.g. acupuncture, chiropractic, naturopathy, etc.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag healthcare=alternative is used to map a facility for alternative medicine, also known as complementary medicine, integrative medicine, holistic medicine, natural medicine, etc. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_medicine
This tag is used to map a facility where alternative or complementary medicine services are provided by a practictioner who is not a nurse or physician. Examples include acupuncture, chiropractic, naturopathy, physiatry, traditional Chinese medicine, etc.
- See healthcare=counselling for a facility with a licensed health counselor.
- See healthcare=midwife for a health professional who provides prenatal care and delivers babies (including traditional midwives).
- See amenity=doctors or amenity=clinic for outpatient medical facilities where a physician (medical doctor) is available.
- See healthcare=nurse for a healthcare facility where there is a nurse available.
- See amenity=health_post for a healthcare facility where there is no nurse or doctor available.
How to map
healthcare:speciality=* can be added to specify the kind of alternative healthcare specialty which is practiced at the feature: e.g. healthcare:speciality=chiropractic, healthcare:speciality=acupuncture, healthcare:speciality=naturopathy, healthcare:speciality=traditional_chinese_medicine - see a longer list of proposed values at Specialities for healthcare=alternative