|healthcare = yes
|Unspecific healthcare object. Usage without further specification is discouraged.
|Used on these elements
|Status: in use
|Tools for this tag
healthcare=yes describes an unspecified healthcare-related object. Its usage without further specification is discouraged.
Please check if the object fulfils one of the following criteria, and
either tag it more specifically:
- amenity=hospital if it provides in-patient medical treatment (i.e. having beds for patients staying several days),
- amenity=clinic if it is a a medical facility with more staff than a single doctor's office, but does not admit in-patients,
- amenity=doctors if it is an individual doctor's office, guideline is 1-10 members of staff,
- amenity=health_post if it is a village or neighbourhood health post, without a nurse or physician,
- healthcare=nurse if it is an office of a trained health professional who cares for people who are ill, injured or infirm, but who is not a physician.
- See Healthcare for a long list of healthcare facility tags which are currently being used and may be more appropriate.
- healthcare:speciality=* or similar.
Undiscussed Automated and manual mass edits are discouraged.
Origins of the healthcare=yes tagging
- The key was defined in the original proposal as follows: "General healthcare facility. To be used only if specifics are unknown or can not be covered by the tagging schema. If this value is used, it is recommended to include some details with the description=* or fixme=* key."