Humanitarian OSM Team/Haiti Strategy And Proposal/Mission 3/Jacmel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- consolidate the "advanced" capacities built up in mission 2 which span surveying - editing - and using OSM data into a map production environment ESRI/ QGIS set up for 2 main paradigms: (i) disaster response (eg the main cluster system data pipelines and products with an involvement of both DPC and DINEPA), and (ii) environmental studies (UNDP & MDE)
- consolidate "basic" capacities (surveying & editing) amongst trainees from mission 2 with the objective reach out to others.
Les Cayes and Jeremie
- ideal goal: grow self sustainable OSM capacities in those 2 hubs with a nucleus of "advanced" OSM users, minimally equipped, with a office space with internet access.
- Depending on time distance and road practicability, existing IM/GIS capacities, IT equipment, Internet access, availability of accessible humanitarian hubs, two scenari:
- Gather the more IT/GIS literate persons from Les Cayes and Jeremie in Jacmel and count on a training of trainees scheme to get OSM started in Jeremie and Les Cayesonce back in their base. "Advanced" OSMers from Jacmel as co-facilitators (experience and networking).
- Gather the more IT/GIS literate persons from Les Cayes and Jeremie in Les Cayes; "Advanced" OSMers from Jacmel as co-facilitators (experience and networking).